WELCOME

Thanks for stopping by! Here I wrote openly about my life as a mommy to our miracle daughter Lilly, the struggles we went through on this journey to parenthood, the loss of our precious son and pretty much anything else that comes up. Feel free to look around, leave a comment or two, put your feet up and get comfortable :)

xo, Anne.

Friday, June 10, 2011

My HSG Results

Yesterday was my HSG procedure; as I mentioned in the previous post since I have irregular cycles (paired with the onset of dizzy spells/nausea in the past few days) my ob/gyn ran a pregnancy test just in case, I could tell both he and I knew I wasn't – which of course I wasn’t but like I said before, you're better safe then sorry. The procedure in itself was quick, quicker then I expected. I did experience cramping, which continued afterwards so I tried to spend the day resting when I could. But the minor discomfort was nothing in comparison to the results we received. To my absolute surprise both of my fallopian tubes are clear, I was beyond ecstatic of course since I assumed there would be some sort of blockage from the ectopic pregnancy over a year ago (imagine me not quite skipping away in a very attractive blue hospital gown). The X-ray images did show the shape of my uterus, previously an ultrasound suggested I had a bicornuate uterus but the shape may also indicate a septic uterus (although in either case it appears minor since I have carried a baby, our first, to term). My ob/gyn intends to look into it (we talked briefly about having an MRI done later) but ultimately decided that regardless he wants me pregnant and told me to start taking my pills.

So I'll see him in a couple weeks after this cycle and we'll see where things go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment