WELCOME

Thanks for stopping by! Here I wrote openly about my life as a mommy to our miracle daughter Lilly, the struggles we went through on this journey to parenthood, the loss of our precious son and pretty much anything else that comes up. Feel free to look around, leave a comment or two, put your feet up and get comfortable :)

xo, Anne.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Better then Good

At the end of January, I finally met with my wonderful obstetrician where we talked about my last few cycles (perfectly on time & regular, no questions asked), he gave me two options and his opinion. He suggested, because my cycles had seemingly returned to normal; we could either carry on trying naturally or go back onto three months of Clomid. He suggested the first; our age and the return of my regular cycles were on our side and I (while briefly disappointed) understood and couldn't agree more. Since everything seemed to be going well why not give it a go, the first 3 rounds on Clomid were incredibly stressful & difficult on my body if we had even the slightest chance at conceiving on our own it was worth a shot. He told me to continue charting & follow up with him in six months if we hadn't conceived, we left the office almost bewildered. Almost a year after the possible PCOS diagnosis, we were leaving his office with the chance at a natural conception, as if the last year never happened.

Although we're coming home with some pretty awesome news we're actually going to take the month off because I'm scheduled for dental surgery and the pain medication could be dangerous for pregnancy. So we're waiting, but my obstetrician says that we'll be safe to start trying after my next cycle which is great.

I couldn't have come up with a better scenario for this appointment, I'm hoping by the next time I see him I'll be happily pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment