WELCOME

Thanks for stopping by! Here I wrote openly about my life as a mommy to our miracle daughter Lilly, the struggles we went through on this journey to parenthood, the loss of our precious son and pretty much anything else that comes up. Feel free to look around, leave a comment or two, put your feet up and get comfortable :)

xo, Anne.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

We've Got a Plan

My appointment today went better then I expected, better because I always assume the absolute worst case scenario. I adore my obstetrician, he answered each of my questions and he, as always, was incredibly positive for me. He told me I'm at a healthy weight to get pregnant and just to continue with a healthy lifestyle, which is great news for me and my pre-heating “oven”.

He scheduled a HSG test (hysterosalpingography) next Thursday to ensure there are no blockages in my uterus or fallopian tubes (the tubes are the concern since I had an ectopic pregnancy last year treated with methotrexate) provided he sees nothing wrong we carry on.

He prescribed me two medications to use during my cycle, one is a progesterone hormone supplement which will force my cycle to restart while the other is clomid which will cause me to ovulate & prepare my body for pregnancy. I've also been told to start taking prenatal vitamins again, which of course I'll do. On the twenty-first day of my cycle I have to go in for blood work, I'll either be pregnant (great!) or I'm not, if not and as long as my progesterone level is right we'll restart the cycle until I am pregnant.

It's scary and so exciting all at the same time, if we're lucky mid July we could be pregnant! I can barely fathom the possibility right now. Could we really be so lucky? Heck, even if its not this cycle the fact that we may eventually be pregnant is beyond a blessing for us.

I hope everyone else hoping for some sort of good news gets it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment