WELCOME

Thanks for stopping by! Here I wrote openly about my life as a mommy to our miracle daughter Lilly, the struggles we went through on this journey to parenthood, the loss of our precious son and pretty much anything else that comes up. Feel free to look around, leave a comment or two, put your feet up and get comfortable :)

xo, Anne.

Friday, April 27, 2012

A Bucket List

I do this every time we don't conceive, its my way of dealing with the disappointment and changing my focus. So I made a cute little Pre-Pregnancy Bucket List, to keep me a little more positive about not being pregnant. I actually saw one of my favorite bloggers put together something similar before she conceived so I pulled some inspiration from her to turn my usually simple to-do list into something a little nicer on the eyes.


(click to enlarge)

I also think it is worth mentioning my concerns surrounding the possibility of a December due date, had we been pregnant we would be looking at a 12/31/2012 due date. While Dyl and I discussed options and how we could get around the holidays between late pregnancy and a new born, I am relieved that I wont have to worry about dragging a newborn here and there in the middle of winter, at the height of cold & flu season. Pair our history with seeing first hand how sick newborns can get, you can call us paranoid or aware ;)

Along with newborn concerns, I couldn't help but wonder how I could possibly handle all the craziness of the holidays at the very end of a high risk pregnancy (Would I end up on bed rest? An emergency c-section? Early maternity leave? Etc) I have no problem pushing myself, that isn't something new but its a whole other world when pushing myself includes our little one.

I know all of this is very trivial, not one bit would truly matter if we were pregnant and I would happily trade each concern, inconvenience and deli meat sandwich for us to be expecting our little one right now. This is just a way for me to turn my disappointment into something positive for me, doesn't mean I'm not upset or that I wont be bitter this month but it'll help to look back at this entry and think “Okay, its not that bad I guess”

No comments:

Post a Comment