WELCOME

Thanks for stopping by! Here I wrote openly about my life as a mommy to our miracle daughter Lilly, the struggles we went through on this journey to parenthood, the loss of our precious son and pretty much anything else that comes up. Feel free to look around, leave a comment or two, put your feet up and get comfortable :)

xo, Anne.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Minor Annoyance

It finally occurred to me the other day that our car seat is nearing its expiration, if we are indeed pregnant right now the little one would get maybe a week or two. That blows my mind, guess we'll need to start looking for someone who needs it because some use is better than none. Granted it has gotten a little bit of use through our nephew, made it easier to pile into one car when we could just install ours as needed. None the less, I'd like for it to get used a bit more before it expires and since we wont have that option I'll be brainstorming who might need it.

Before anyone starts thinking I'm some compulsive shopper (although I've considered it because baby stuff is adorable) remember that we spent 40 weeks preparing for our son, when you get all the way past your due date before getting hit by a meteor (sure felt that way) you end up being pretty well prepared for that little one. There were a few things we passed along knowing it would take time before our next baby and some things met their end (a crib rail cracked during our move) so while it makes me feel good to pass things along sometimes it is so frustrating. I spent weeks researching car seats and Dyl worked hard to hunt it down before our due date, I LOVE our car seat so its really difficult to not feel that pang of frustration that we spent so much time and money on things that have sat around virtually brand new, waiting. Then I get annoyed because in hind sight I should have given it away last year, or even before then instead of it taking up space just waiting. I remember on multiple occasions checking if our gear was on a recall and it gets so annoying to worry about recalls when you don't even have a baby.

Anyway, hopefully that will be the last of it. I think I just need to tell my head to shut up sometimes, like now, because I think I am totally rambling on and that needs to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment