WELCOME

Thanks for stopping by! Here I wrote openly about my life as a mommy to our miracle daughter Lilly, the struggles we went through on this journey to parenthood, the loss of our precious son and pretty much anything else that comes up. Feel free to look around, leave a comment or two, put your feet up and get comfortable :)

xo, Anne.

Thursday, May 3, 2012

It Began with Us

As I continue on my never ending not-so-two-week wait I've decided I need a little bit of a shift in focus, I know that was the intentions of my little bucket list but I've always preferred to play on the safe side and wait until my period actually shows up JUST IN CASE – 'cause you know, shooting a gun might not be such a great idea if I am indeed lucky enough to be pregnant.

But I can't spend the next few days or weeks (oh my gosh, I sure hope not weeks) wondering if I am pregnant or falling apart because I think I'll never have children – nor do I think Dyl can keep up with the roller coaster of emotions; have I mentioned how lucky I am? I have no idea how I could possibly handle all of this without him, I don't know how I managed to get someone so wonderful to love me.

So anyway, in the best interest of, well, everyone I've decided to put more energy into 'us' projects. Instead of thinking about the random things I want to tackle whenever we do get pregnant or have a baby I'm going to stop and put together something for us. Maybe it'll be some custom art work or a recipe book filled with our favorites, but either way I want to put the focus back on now and even though we don't have children yet, I know how much I am going to regret looking back on these days and think of how much time I wasted wishing for a baby when I had something just as, if not more, special right in front of me.

I'm planning on posting here about us a bit more, while this blog is very much our journey to having a baby as well as our lives after loosing our precious son – it is still about 'us', before our baby boy or any other sweet little ones that we pray will come into our lives it was 'us' so it seems fitting to include a bit more of us on this little old blog.

We'll see, right now I think I need to cuddle up with my husband and fall happily asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment