WELCOME

Thanks for stopping by! Here I wrote openly about my life as a mommy to our miracle daughter Lilly, the struggles we went through on this journey to parenthood, the loss of our precious son and pretty much anything else that comes up. Feel free to look around, leave a comment or two, put your feet up and get comfortable :)

xo, Anne.

Monday, July 1, 2013

8 Weeks





THIS WEEK
I am 8 weeks pregnant, another long week of worry but finally the worries have been put to rest a little. We had our ultrasound (7weeks5days) and after all of the worry seeing our baby made everything better. The technician was quick, while not very talkative, when I asked if everything was okay she reassured me yes and went to get Dyl, she showed us our tiny little baby and we saw his or her heart beating away at 162bpm. So much relief and happiness, and happy tears after weeks of worrying and we are so over the moon with our little baby. I see my obstetrician next week, hopefully the ultrasound is good and that we can get some insight into the off and on brown discharge I have been having these last few weeks. Continuing to take it easy and just enjoy the knowledge that we have a beautiful little baby growing healthy and strong.

BABY UPDATE
This week baby is the size of a raspberry, at 0.65 of an inch in length and weighing 0.04 of an ounce.

Although it will be a few more weeks before either of us will feel it, baby is constantly moving around. The body is beginning to stretch out and the embryonic "tail" has begun to recede (which will eventually turn into our baby's tailbone) Facial features are becoming more distinct and the limbs, fingers, and toes are getting longer which interestingly, those tiny hands will reach for each other over the heart as distinguishable wrists and elbows can now flex. Nerve cells in the brain are making very important connections and breathing tubes that extend from the throat to the branches of our sweet little baby's developing lungs. The digestive tract, including its intestines are beginning to grow and the primary reproductive organs will either become ovaries or testes (although gender was determined at conception, it is still too soon to know if our baby is a boy or a girl yet). 

MOMMA UPDATE
I have had a lot of anxiety this week, with the off and on discharge and the upcoming ultrasound it has been a very long week and I am so ready to be out of this first trimester! But despite all of the anxiety leading up to it, the ultrasound was wonderful and we are both so over the moon in love with our little baby. The Morning All-day sickness, hah, seems to be getting worse and although I have yet to throw up I have come close a few times this week. It feels like practically everything seems to make me nauseous and although I am taking every symptom and discomfort with the acknowledgement that I am so blessed to be carrying this baby, it stinks being this nauseous all the time with no relief and I can't wait until the end of the first trimester. My cravings have been crazy this week but the biggest seem to be anything I can have melted cheese on (poutines, cheeseburgers, nachos, pasta ect.) and watermelons - Dyl brought home the most amazing watermelon I have had. I don't think I've written much about it but (TMI WARNING)  my chest has been so sore, my nipples so sensitive and everything just feels so heavy and full now - oh joy. But I can't complain, we have our precious baby growing healthy and strong.

Belly is measuring at 35.5 inches.

DADDY MOMENTS
Seeing the big smile across his face when the ultrasound technician showed us our beautiful little baby, we are both so in love already.

FAVORITE PART OF THE WEEK
Our ultrasound, seeing that beautiful little baby of ours and seeing his or her heart beating away. 

LOOKING FORWARD TO
Seeing my ob this week and hopefully catching our baby's heartbeat on our home doppler in the next few weeks.

xo, Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment