WELCOME

Thanks for stopping by! Here I wrote openly about my life as a mommy to our miracle daughter Lilly, the struggles we went through on this journey to parenthood, the loss of our precious son and pretty much anything else that comes up. Feel free to look around, leave a comment or two, put your feet up and get comfortable :)

xo, Anne.

Monday, July 4, 2011

Reacting to Clomid

Just before my June menstrual cycle started I know I was very anxious to start taking Clomid, there are plenty of women who experience some pretty terrible side effects while on Clomid and after having such a rough reaction to the progesterone pills I couldn't help but expect the Clomid pills to bring it.

Anxiously I waited and while I did experience hot flashes, fatigue, dizziness, nausea, breast discomfort and an increase in nervous tension. My difficulties sleeping carried over nicely after my progesterone pills, which screwed up my sleeping habits to begin with. But everything was mild, I didn't experience any vomiting and overall it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. I know I am lucky, I can't imagine the difficulties some women have with Clomid, but I hope that my mild experiences may help calm the nerves of someone about to start Clomid. Just try to relax, take care of yourself and let your doctor know if something becomes bothersome. Oh, and keep focused, I'm sure everyone on this lovely boat with you knows that the end result is well worth it.

The hubs and I are heading out tomorrow for our anniversary “weekend”(its mid-week, but landed on our days off) and we're spending it in a castle midst the mountains in Banff. I'm so excited for this getaway, three years married and over six years together, not to forget that this is also our kick-off to trying to conceive and hopefully we'll spend our fourth wedding anniversary hiking with a little one in our arms (actually strapped safe and sound in a secure carrier... but that didn't sound as sweet)

No comments:

Post a Comment