WELCOME

Thanks for stopping by! Here I wrote openly about my life as a mommy to our miracle daughter Lilly, the struggles we went through on this journey to parenthood, the loss of our precious son and pretty much anything else that comes up. Feel free to look around, leave a comment or two, put your feet up and get comfortable :)

xo, Anne.

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Top 5 Pregnancy Needs

If I were to go through my pregnancy again I would have probably given into maternity clothes sooner or maybe opted for a true pregnancy pillow. But when it comes to my pregnancy there were a handful of things that I couldn't have survived without and that definitely helped me relax and enjoy my pregnancy. I had a very high risk pregnancy, ugly history of loss and was on some sort of bed rest the entire time, although it was absolutely worth it and I would gladly do it all over again just to have her in my arms - sometimes it was really hard. These are my top five life savers, or at least sanity savers.


1. My amazing husband, from listening to my every worry to bonding with our baby girl long before she was born. Many worried trips to the hospital and lots of prayers - I could not have survived without the understanding, support and love from my husband.

Check out my weekly photo project here

2. A pregnancy project, I did a pretty big one consisting of three different photos every week and a big update but I love being able to look back and remember how I felt at 9 weeks or what we were doing at 32 weeks. I can't count the number of days I spent scared out of my mind but this project helped me focus on the positive and the right here and now. For a little moment each week I focused on being pregnant today and stopped focusing on those terrible "what ifs".

3. My doppler, this is very much the kind of item that you need to decide what is best for your family. For me it was a life saver, I got mine here for $50 and they've since released newer versions but even my basic one was great. I spoke with my ob several times and he was very supportive of my use of our doppler but I still tried to limit it to a need basis. Sometimes that was often and other times I could get through a few days, but because of the loss of our son - I was on edge from beginning to end, this was my little bit of sanity. Without having to run to my ob or the hospital every day, if I was scared all it took was 30 seconds to find her heartbeat and time it, pretty quick form of relief.

Check out their channels: Missy Lanning and Heidi Kim
4. Netflix/YouTube, both were great ways to spend my days on bed rest. I could load up a show or movie on Netflix and keep my mind away from the worries but I especially loved having the YouTube community as a mom pregnant after loss. I can't even count the number of times I watched Missy and Heidi, telling myself that they did it - they went through losses like mine and have their rainbows, it was possible. I found so much hope through their stories :)

Keep your eyes out for a review on my favorite pregnancy/baby apps in the near future!

5. Some sort of pregnancy app, specifically one with a forum. Not only was it great to be able to read and track what was going on while pregnant, being in community of women (and some men) expecting baby's in the same month as you was a great experience for me. From finding support from the other women to seeing just how 'normal' I really am despite the high worries. By the time I delivered Lilly I was involved in a handful of other communities with likeminded women; like crafting and c-section mommas for example.

I also want to throw in having an incredible obstetrician, he has followed us from the very beginning of our journey to baby number two, having our ob so supportive and so understanding of my history and how I am - was amazing, I'm very lucky.

Anywho, these things are definitely individually based, very much a this is what worked for me but when you're going into the stress of high risk pregnancy or pregnancy after loss - it is kind of nice to hear about what worked for others.

xo, Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment