WELCOME

Thanks for stopping by! Here I wrote openly about my life as a mommy to our miracle daughter Lilly, the struggles we went through on this journey to parenthood, the loss of our precious son and pretty much anything else that comes up. Feel free to look around, leave a comment or two, put your feet up and get comfortable :)

xo, Anne.

Monday, July 23, 2012

Making Good Habits

While I wait for my appointment (now just a week away!) I've been working on getting back into good healthy habits after taking a bad turn during the four months my period went awol. My sleeping and eating habits went wild and for a while I went back to only sporadically taking my prenatal vitamins instead of taking them daily.

Now I've been, off and on, taking a prenatal vitamin for the last year (not to mention sporadically before that) and chewing up (because I can't seem to swallow pills, yuck) a big ol' pill isn't exactly how I enjoy starting my day. I know it is best for my soon to-be pregnancy if I take these vitamins a minimum three months before conception (I've well surpassed!) but I find them even more unappealing on my bad days. When I'm angry with my body and my empty uterus the thought of choking down a pill, even if it is pink, with a happy mom & baby smiling at me from the bottle is so incredibly frustrating - not to mention depressing. Forget you happy mom and baby, forget you pink pill that is supposed to make my uterus a happy baby-making place. Ugh.

Anyway, end rant/

So I have been focusing on eating healthy again, taking my prenatal vitamin daily and squishing in two work outs a day (which I plan to trade for prenatal yoga during my pregnancy). I've been putting off repairing my poor sleeping habits but know that I need to get working on that soon. I've been feeling great, mostly, it's been so difficult taking out junk food 100% like we just dropped junk food and soda cold turkey and it has been so hard - especially when we go to the stores ah. I know in the long run my body will be so much better for this and when we do get pregnant our baby will get all the right nutrients.

I've been pushing myself hard with the work outs too, which doesn't make me excited to exercise but I know this too will be so worth it. When we first started this whole thing a year ago my obstetrician told me my weight was perfect but if I wanted to loose weight there was no harm in doing so (which makes him sound like a jerk, I actually asked he didn't just tell me that haha). It wasn't always a huge stress, while I would have been personally happy loosing a couple pounds I didn't want to put the stress of loosing weight on top of Clomid and actively trying to get pregnant. However, recently I've gained 3lbs (I KNOW! Oh my! So terrible!) and while I know a few pounds more isn't the end of the world it has made me want to get a little more in shape. I have the time and I want to really enjoy my body during our pregnancy, so I've been putting in a lot more effort with my work outs and even though I haven't lost any weight yet I can feel my body changing and adapting - some of the things that were harder before are much easier. That alone is good for me, I often hear "pregnancy is a marathon" and I'm happy if my endurance and strength is only better going into it.

Long story short? I'm working on kicking some of the bad habits I've fallen back into and getting into great shape for this pregnancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment