WELCOME

Thanks for stopping by! Here I wrote openly about my life as a mommy to our miracle daughter Lilly, the struggles we went through on this journey to parenthood, the loss of our precious son and pretty much anything else that comes up. Feel free to look around, leave a comment or two, put your feet up and get comfortable :)

xo, Anne.

Monday, December 16, 2013

32 Weeks




THIS WEEK
We had an appointment with my obstetrician and left with some very exciting news... we are scheduled for a c-section (I'll go into more detail in another post) for January 30th! I just cannot believe we are almost there and in only a few weeks we will be holding our beautiful little girl. We also reviewed our last ultrasound and along with the knowledge that we're having a "big" baby (YAY! grow baby girl, grow!) he also told us that her echogenic bowels appear to have cleared up but we will still continue with follow up ultrasounds.

BABY UPDATE
Baby girl is the size of a pineapple for the last time! Weighing anywhere from 2lbs 5oz to 3lbs 7oz and measuring between 15 inches and 16.5 inches long from her beautiful head to her tiny little toes.

As our baby girl grows, space is becoming limited (although still comfortable for her) and movement may change - she is also sleeping in 20-40 minute periods as she prepares for her delivery which will also contribute to the change in her movements. At this stage baby's will usually get into their preferred position,  if they haven't already, which for most is head down although approximately 5% prefer being head up (breach position, like our little girl). Although still receiving nutrition through the umbilical cord, her digestive system is ready for when she is ingesting breast milk (and eventually soft food in the months ahead).

MOMMA UPDATE
I've been an excited but emotional mess since my appointment, it is just such a surreal feeling to know that in a few weeks we'll have her here safely. I have had horrible heartburn this week, which put the heartburn I had earlier in this pregnancy to shame. I've been desperately trying to fight a chest cold this week, lots of soup and juice but I finally think I'm past it. Still very sore and achey, I hate how much it worries me still but I'm getting better at figuring out what is causing it and have been able to avoid a hospital visit. I've been feeling so many big movements and it is such a great feeling to know our beautiful (and strong) little girl is moving around safe and sound.

Measuring at 46inches

DADDY MOMENTS
Along with singing, reading and talking away to you he has also been blowing on my belly (raspberries?). It didn't seem to get much of a reaction from you before but this week Daddy seems to have startled you a few times, we can feel such a big movement right afterwards and can only imagine you being startled. It is adorable and we love you so much. We know you'll adore getting startled by Daddy when you're here (each of your cousins have always thought it was great)

BEST PART OF THE WEEK
Realizing as we scheduled your delivery that we were also picking your birthday baby girl.

LOOKING FORWARD TO
Finishing up our renovations, everything is kind of on hold with the holidays but we can't wait to be settled and really start nesting.
xo, Anne.

No comments:

Post a Comment