WELCOME

Thanks for stopping by! Here I wrote openly about my life as a mommy to our miracle daughter Lilly, the struggles we went through on this journey to parenthood, the loss of our precious son and pretty much anything else that comes up. Feel free to look around, leave a comment or two, put your feet up and get comfortable :)

xo, Anne.

Friday, July 25, 2014

Best!

I have written a few times, in shock, the horrendous things people have said to me after my losses and struggles trying to conceive and I was going to put a handful of the worst together to make a post. Until I realized that there is enough attention given towards the bad and not nearly enough good so this is five of the most uplifting and wonderful things people have gracefully said to me.

1.  "Don't loose hope" - ER nurse
I was in a daze, having just learnt that my second pregnancy would have to end (it was ectopic and regardless it wasn't viable) I held so tightly onto her words.

2. "No one can truly understand how YOU feel" - my parents
In the real world I know very few that have suffered similar experiences so I often excuse my overly-anxious behavior with "I'm just crazy". The reality is that these things have changed me and being told that they understood as much as they could has always been a comfort.

3. "You're so brave, you're so strong" - dental assistant
She doesn't even know our whole story, I am brave and strong for facing the loss we have and being able and willing to do it all again to bring our daughter into this world.

4. ANY TIME I can say "my son..."
What a gift to be able to talk about our journey without feeling like a 'bad omen' or a 'horror story'.

5. ANYTIME anyone asks about our son
I have been surprised when people don't shy away. When people want to know about him, not just about the circumstances surrounding our struggles and losses.

Instead of remembering all the horrible, thoughtless and mean things people have said let us remember the positive. What are some of the best things you have been told?

xo, Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment