WELCOME

Thanks for stopping by! Here I wrote openly about my life as a mommy to our miracle daughter Lilly, the struggles we went through on this journey to parenthood, the loss of our precious son and pretty much anything else that comes up. Feel free to look around, leave a comment or two, put your feet up and get comfortable :)

xo, Anne.

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Combating Clothing Clutter

It is super easy to get swept away with little clothes, everything is just so adorable (I'm not exclusively talking about girl clothes either, don't get me wrong I love shopping for our daughter but boy clothes is just as stinkin' cute... anyway). Between shopping sprees and hand-me-downs, excited grandparents and random gifts - most parents find themselves swimming in mountains of clothing and that can become pretty overwhelming.

You hear often of parents saying "she only wore that once" "we never took the tag off" "he hasn't even worn this" and I knew I didn't want to do that. Not only because that sounds like such a waste of money but also because I loved every onesie and sleeper we had and wanted to see them on her as many times as I could.
Right off the bat we set a rough limit of 10 (10 pairs of pants, 10 onesies), we knew we would rather get as much use out of the tiny clothes than be finding things she never wore (still happened a tiny bit though). Does that mean we'd tell great grandma to return that newborn sleeper because we had reached the limit? No, gifts are gifts - although we've been lucky enough that for the most part people buy a few sizes up when gifting us baby clothes.

We've also had to be pretty strict with hand-me-downs, Lillith has two girl cousins a few years older than her and we've received a lot from them. Definitely focused more on what she would actually wear instead of holding on to everything. There is a small box for special items that stay in the family, a storage tote hidden under her crib with clothes that she will grow into and a large bag ready for donations.

My beat advice is limit yourself, we still buy things for our little girl all the time but try to buy sizes that will fit longer and items that I know we will get a lot of use out of. It's not perfect, but it works for us.
Are you a baby-clothes shopaholic? Or do you have a handful of faves?

xo, Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment