WELCOME

Thanks for stopping by! Here I wrote openly about my life as a mommy to our miracle daughter Lilly, the struggles we went through on this journey to parenthood, the loss of our precious son and pretty much anything else that comes up. Feel free to look around, leave a comment or two, put your feet up and get comfortable :)

xo, Anne.

Monday, May 25, 2015

Sick Mommy - 3 Tips to Survive

I'm fighting off a bad cold this week so I wanted to share some of my tricks when mommy is feeling sick!

1. Lots of fluids: I think this goes without being sick - you have to take care of yourself so you can take care of your little ones. When I'm sick, lots of fluids like tea and water help.

2. Plan your activities: You can't expect a young child to sit still, they just don't understand the concept, but things like coloring together or watching a show will give you much needed rest even if it only comes in intervals. What works with me and my toddler is changing things often so she doesn't have the chance to get bored and run away which she will do anyway but it happens less often which is a HUGE help when I am at zero energy.

3. Remember that you'll feel better soon: Sometimes when I'm sick I start to forget how I felt when I wasn't sick (which is ridiculous hahahah) it makes me really appreciate that I am lucky enough to be generally in good health. Anyway, I feel so beat down that it is hard to see the end of the day but reminding myself that I'll likely feel better tomorrow makes it feel like it really isnt that big of a deal.

So what kind of things do you do with your little ones when you're sick?

See you Monday!
xo, Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment