WELCOME

Thanks for stopping by! Here I wrote openly about my life as a mommy to our miracle daughter Lilly, the struggles we went through on this journey to parenthood, the loss of our precious son and pretty much anything else that comes up. Feel free to look around, leave a comment or two, put your feet up and get comfortable :)

xo, Anne.

Saturday, September 20, 2014

6 Month Old Painting!

As far back as I can remember I couldn't wait to proudly display my sweet child's artwork, it just struck me as one of those mom things. I have stored away scribbled messes of princesses on the back of napkins from my niece and have a small canvas that is pretty much brown from over-mixed colors from my nephew and I love it. I am a very proud Aunty but every fiber of my being has longed to be a mother, and I couldn't wait to watch my child create.

I picked up a 8x10 canvas from the dollar store, it is a great gem to grab and makes creating that much more special too. Immediately I knew I wanted to have Lilly paint something so we could hang it in her bedroom but I wondered if she was too young and so I kept putting it off. Shortly after she passed 6 months old I put my foot down, this was happening and I gathered my supplies. Because I knew I couldn't handle the stress of her possibly ingesting the paint I knew we would have to keep the paint from her while still giving her the chance to create. Here comes the large Ziploc bags to the rescue!


I squeezed a few drops of each color, you could also get a nice effect if you did each color separately
and allowed them to dry between colors to create a more layered painting. Maybe next time. After carefully slipping the paint covered canvas into the Ziploc bag I held it in front of my sweet baby girl and let her smoosh and pat the canvas as she created her first little piece of art work. 

For now it is part of the gallery wall in her room but if/when the day comes that we change it out I am the first in line to hang it on our wall - I love it so much, I love her so much.


How do you encourage creativity in your home? Do you have a stash of sweet little one's artwork? I know I can't be the only one ;)

xo, Anne.

No comments:

Post a Comment